Full of History, Lacking in Romance



It took me awhile to get through "Judah's Scepter and the Sacred Stone", but I feel like that was because the amount of detail the author put into the book. I was expecting the book to be more focused on the couple, and while I would have loved that, I also really enjoyed all the history I was learning. I learned more about their religous customes back then, and some of the pagean rituals that I had never heard of. I feel as if the author thoroughly knows the topic they write on and they did a fabulous job portraying the time and history they were writing about.
This is not a book that you can call the author's next move. I had a few times where I was quite surprised by the outcome of events in the story. The only complaint I have was that we never really see how the death of Teia's father and siblings affected her in the long run. It just seems she found out and kept going on with life. I also wish we would have had a bit more romance, but all in all an enjoyable book with a rich amount of history intertwined throughout.

*This book was given to me for free in exchange for the review through BookCrash, yet my opinions are all my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Unexpected Role

Phoebe's Light

What Momma Left Behind